Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Day 2 Operations for Cloud Operators
Outline for this course
- Navigate the Red Hat OpenStack Platform architecture
- Describe the undercloud and overcloud architecture and service components.
- Operate the control plane
- Describe and manage the critical core services of the Red Hat OpenStack Platform control plane.
- Manage infrastructure security
- Protect the Red Hat OpenStack Platform infrastructure by securing service component files and endpoints.
- Manage user security
- Configure secure user privileges using domain-based identity management, scoped roles, and project organization.
- Manage application deployment resources
- Create and manage the common, shared deployment resources including custom images, flavors, and metadata services.
- Manage storage
- Describe and manage storage architecture and components, with an emphasis on Red Hat Ceph Storage back ends.
- Manage networking
- Create, manage, and troubleshoot data center and virtual network infrastructure.
- Manage compute node operations
- Describe the architecture and management processes for normal and hyperconverged compute nodes. Perform common operational tasks for compute nodes to support workload uptime and scaling.
- Monitor Red Hat OpenStack Platform operations
- Describe the monitoring framework and architecture to gather, store, and use operational metrics.
- Automate cloud applications
- Implement and deploy complex and scalable applications using automation technologies.
- Troubleshoot operations
- Describe and practice the tools and methods for diagnosing and troubleshooting issues encountered during deployment and management operations.
- Comprehensive review
- Review tasks from Red Hat OpenStack Platform Administration II: Day 2 Operations for Cloud Operators.