The first of two courses covering the core system administration tasks needed to manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers
Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) is designed for IT professionals without previous Linux system administration experience. The course provides students with Linux administration competence by focusing on core administration tasks. This course also provides a foundation for students who plan to become full-time Linux system administrators by introducing key command-line concepts and enterprise-level tools.
This course is the first of a two-course series that takes a computer professional without Linux system administration knowledge to become a fully capable Linux administrator. These concepts are further developed in the follow-on course,Red Hat System Administration II (RH134)
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 9.0.
Course content summary
- Introduce Linux and the Red Hat Enterprise Linux ecosystem.
- Run commands and view shell environments.
- Manage, organize, and secure files.
- Manage users, groups and user security policies.
- Control and monitor systemd services.
- Configure remote access using the web console and SSH.
- Configure network interfaces and settings.
- Archive and copy files from one system to another.
- Manage software using DNF
Audience for this course
- The primary persona is a technical professional with current or pending responsibilities as a Linux enterprise or cloud system administrator.
- This course is popular in MRGT, and is targeted at the student who is planning to become a technical professional using Linux.
Prerequisites for this course
- Basic technical user skills with computer applications on some operating systems are expected.
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
- There are no special technical requirements for this course.
- This course is not designed for bring your own device (BYOD).
- Internet access is not required but is recommended so that students can research and browse Red Hat online resources.