- November 21, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
Learn how to automate Linux system administration tasks with Ansible
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Automation with Ansible (RH294) teaches the skills needed to manage large numbers of systems and applications efficiently and consistently. You will learn the techniques needed to use Ansible® to automate provisioning, configuration, application deployment, and orchestration.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 8 and Red Hat Ansible Engine 2.8.
Course content summary
- Install Ansible / Red Hat Ansible Engine on control nodes.
- Create and update inventories of managed hosts and manage connections to them.
- Automate administration tasks with Ansible Playbooks and ad hoc commands.
- Write effective playbooks at scale.
- Protect sensitive data used by Ansible with Ansible Vault.
- Reuse code and simplify playbook development with Ansible roles.
Audience for this course
This course is geared toward Linux system administrators, DevOps engineers, infrastructure automation engineers, and systems design engineers who are responsible for these tasks:
- Automating configuration management
- Ensuring consistent and repeatable application deployment
- Provisioning and deployment of development, testing, and production servers
- Integrating with DevOps continuous integration/continuous delivery workflows
Prerequisites for this course
- Pass the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200), or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux knowledge and experience
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
Outline for this course
Describe Ansible concepts and install Red Hat Ansible Engine.
Configure Ansible to manage hosts and run ad hoc Ansible commands.
Write a simple Ansible Playbook and run it to automate tasks on multiple managed hosts.
Manage variables and facts
Write playbooks that use variables to simplify management of the playbook and facts to reference information about managed hosts.
Implement task control
Manage task control, handlers, and task errors in Ansible Playbooks.
Deploy files to managed hosts
Deploy, manage, and adjust files on hosts managed by Ansible.
Manage large projects
Write playbooks that are optimized for larger, more complex projects.
Simplify playbooks with roles
Use Ansible roles to develop playbooks more quickly and to reuse Ansible code.
Troubleshoot playbooks and managed hosts.
Automate Linux administration tasks
Automate common Linux system administration tasks with Ansible.
Impact on the organization
IT automation is key to managing large numbers of systems and applications efficiently and consistently at scale. This course develops the skills needed to efficiently operate and more easily scale the organization’s dynamic IT infrastructure, accelerate application time to value, and rapidly adapt and implement needed innovation through DevOps practices.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to use Ansible for the purpose of automation, configuration, and management. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Install and configure Ansible or Red Hat Ansible Engine on a control node.
- Create and manage inventories of managed hosts, as well as prepare them for Ansible automation.
- Run individual ad hoc automation tasks from the command line.
- Write Ansible Playbooks to consistently automate multiple tasks and apply them to managed hosts.
- Parameterize playbooks using variables and facts, and protect sensitive data with Ansible Vault.
- Write and reuse existing Ansible roles to simplify playbook creation and reuse code.
- Automate common Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration tasks using Ansible.
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 (EX294)
- Advanced Automation: Ansible Best Practices (DO447)
What is RHCE?
RHCE has boomed the IT industry over the past few years. RHCE is considered a high-level certification that is not easy to acquire. RHCE Certified individuals are capable to resolve day to day issues, challenges, risks in an efficient manner that optimize the business processes, operations and therefore performance.
Nowadays, companies are investing in their employees by organizing RHCSA and RHCE programs to maximize their business value. Many companies have made the certification as an entry-level prerequisite. If you are RHCE certified, you are already one step ahead of your competitors.
RHCE certification has limited time validity. Currently, it is valid for 3 years. The validity of RHCE is dependent upon the Enterprise Product Available Commercially at the time of your certification. Earlier, it was valid for 2 full releases after the release of the version on which you have taken the exam.
For example, RHCE on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 had validity even after the 60 days of the release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. But now it has a fixed 3 years validity. If you have RHCE certification (RHEL 6 or above), then it is valid for three years; calculated from the date of achieving RHCE.
For the maintenance of certification, it is mandatory for RHCE holder to pass certification exam again before the completion of 3 years.
Current RHCE exams are based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 (RHEL 8). RHEL versions keep on changing and therefore to remain competitive in the market, It is always better to keep yourself updated with the new features and tools.
It improves your skills to work as senior system administrator keeping in mind the new trends and standards of the industry.
It is always better to keep your skills current to reach new heights of proficiency and attain the new goals of your life. As we all know that technology changes with time. So, we all need to keep ourselves updated with the latest tools, trends, and products.
RHCE certification policy demands Certified Professionals to retain their value and status. For re-certification, you need to keep practicing the skills you already possess, to pass the exam again.
Certification all alone cannot do a miracle. Success is all dependent upon the individual personality traits and how much you have invested in yourself to make you stand out of the league. So work on your skills, abilities, weaknesses, strengths, and overall development.
I hope you will find this information useful. For other queries on RHCE certification, please leave a comment. I would like to share my knowledge and experience with you.